Saturday, June 4, 2011

2nd Childhood


Last May 30, me and my family went to Hong Kong Disneyland for an overdue vacation. It was an experience of a lifetime. I felt like I was a child again, and I can safely say that I wasn't the only one who did. My brother had a smile that I had never seen for the past God knows how long. My cousins are extremely happy and on top of that, my grandfather was with us and he really enjoyed the trip.

Ever since I was little, the mere thought of going to Disneyland excites me. A lot of my friends and classmates keep on sharing their stories about the park and how wonderful it is. And last Monday, "it was a dream come true". 

Getting there was a breeze, considering that the place where we stayed, Harbour Plaza Metropolis, is right across the Hung Hom MTR station. The commute to DL is part of the experience. The Disney themed train  is really cute, it had Mickey Mouse windows, replicas of Disney characters and Mickey Handrails.




HKDL resort was everything I imagined it to be. Magical. From the rides, to good food, from the Golden Mickeys show and The Festival of Lion King to the Philar Magic, it was spectacular. I won't be telling stuff bit-by-bit because it would probably take me 3 entries just to share how wonderful my DL experience was. The highlight for me however, was the "Flights of Fantasy" Parade. We were eating our late lunch (around 3:30) when it started and my cousin Jia hurriedly ran to the main street with me and Timmy. At first i thought only kids will enjoy the parade. But I have to admit I really had fun watching it. Every performer had a really good smile while dancing to a catchy parade song. Considering that majority of the performers were my kababayans, it made me feel proud how good of an entertainer Pinoys are.


Here is a video of the parade taken by my brother.

By 7:00, everyone gathered around the main street in anticipation of the fireworks display above Sleeping Beauty Castle currently themed with Tinkerbell and her fairy dust on their 5th anniversary. 

A video of the fireworks display c/o mondaysMorning of YouTube

It felt wonderful to be a kid again. What's more awesome was that I was with the people I love the most. (next time Papa, let's go together ok? Labyu)

No comments:

Post a Comment