Thursday, September 13, 2012

Decorticate


I work in an industry where good friends are hard to find. I'm not saying there aren't any, it's just most of them are "here for work and not to make friends". I recently received notice that I will be moving to a different schedule, apart from the news that there will be reshuffling of team members and unit managers. Separation has always been difficult for me. It's too lengthy for me to detail it on one post and I don't intend to anyway.


Just when you get to know your... colleagues better, you get separated. Just when you begin opening up, the circumstances shut it down. It's not like this is my first time to experience this. My first job was also in a contact center and I could say I made some good friends there. We still contact each other and try to see each other if their schedule permits. I couldn't believe that it's been a year since we knew each other. If only it was a normal working-hour job, I would have stayed longer, much longer.


A friend of mine said that in this industry, "the friends you make here are your friends here, nowhere else".
That saddened me a bit. I always thought of myself as someone who hates rejection. Someone who despises separation. But it's BAU (business as usual). Whatever is good for the business. In the process, you lose some, but hopefully gain a lot more. I know this is melodramatic. We will still see each other (casually) in the same building and same floor, but everything is different if you're in that situation. It's never the same. You never even get to make chit-chats while you're on break and they're on a call, obviously.

I'll surely miss the people I've been with for the past 3 months. I laughed and cried with them at the same time. But thinking about how good a company I'm working for encourages me to do better and just accept the changes, which are in this type of job, inevitable. Writing this post has definitely lighten me up a bit.


Now, what in Bellatrixlestrangescurlyhair is "Decorticate"? It's an abnormal posture in which a person is stiff with bent arms, clenched fists, and legs held out straight. The arms are bent in toward the body and the wrists and fingers are bent and held on the chest. It's is a sign of damage to the nerve pathway between the brain and spinal cord. Now why name this post decorticate... wala.. bet ko lang.. keri?

Decorticate Posture



2 comments:

  1. Aaw, walang pic 'yung sa batch natin. Hahaha! Joke lang. Hello, Macky! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my.. Hi Matt! :) haha oo nga eh no pic with nikki.. wait we have pic pala nung sa RnR (not sure) will look for it!

    ReplyDelete